Fully Funded PhD/PostDoc Positions: Assistive Technologies
At the Affective and Cognitive Institute (ACI) at Offenburg University (https://aci.hs-offenburg.de/) we are recruiting PhD or post-doctoral researchers for the project SUITCEYES (http://suitceyes.eu/). The project aims to develop a solution that will give 2.5 Million deafblind people in the EU the possibility of taking a more active part in the society.
In this project, the ACI team focuses on enhancing learning and user engagement by gamification and mediated social interaction. You will work closely with the ACI research group, as well as other researchers on a national and international scale.
- You are passionate about creating things and eager to make them work
- You have a strong interest in HCI / Interaction Design, Assistive Technologies and Gamification
- Your interests and skills cover a combination of programming (preferably C# and Unity 3D), hacking things together, prototyping, graphics and their application in interaction design
- You hold a degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Interface Design or a related discipline
- You have a track record of research in the field of HCI / Interaction Design
- You have experience in empirical research (user studies) using statistical methods
- You have excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
You are paid according to TVL-13, with a yearly income of up to 67 T€ (before taxes, depending on previous experience).
All applications before February 15 will be fully considered, but applications may still be submitted after this time. Intended date of beginning: preferably on or before March 15
For further details please contact: Prof. Dr. Oliver. Korn, firstname.lastname@example.org
Offenburg is situated in the South of Baden-Württemberg (BW) in Germany, close to the French border. BW is a world-class industry region, famous for engineering and manufacturing. With about 5.000 students and 150 professors, Offenburg University is a small but high-quality university for applied sciences with a special research focus in engineering, robotics, and media.